There is nothing wrong in desiring to get a tanned appearance especially during spring season and in fact, it would not hurt to visit a tanning salon even during winter. However, would it not be great if you need not visit a tanning salon just to get tanned? How about the idea of tanning yourself without having to drive and spend a lot of money to get bronzed? It sounds enticing right? And the good news is that there are products being sold in the market that can get you tanned without you needing to go out of the house. You know what is even better than this? You could actually make your own self tanner! Here’s a sample recipe of a DIY self tanner:
8 bags of organic black tea
16 oz of water
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- First thing that you need to do is to bring 16 oz of water and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to a boil.
- The next thing that you need to do is to pour tea bags in it and let it steep for 8 minutes or so.
- Remove the tea bags and leave the solution to cool for a half an hour or more.
- The amount noted on the recipe can be changed depending on your complexion. This recipe is made under the assumption that the user has a light beige complexion. This follows a ratio of 1 teabag every 2 ounces of water.
- For a stronger solution, 1 teabag every 1 ounce of water is an option. Also, steeping the teabag for a longer period of time can get you a darker solution. At the same time, you may want to refrain from adding more vanilla because it determines the stickiness of the solution.
- This recipe has a better aroma than self tanners being sold in the market however, it is not waterproof and while it does not rub off, taking a shower potentially washes it away. It is also best to keep the homemade self tanner refrigerated since tea is perishable. If you feel that you do not use it often, you can reduce the amount of your recipe to keep unused tanners from spoiling.
Self Tanners has grown in popularity in the last few years and it is only a matter of time before natural self tanners like Thermalabs self tanners which are also organic or homemade self tanners start taking the center age and still offer remarkable results, not to mention, saves you more time in the long run.
Thermalabs offers different ways to tan naturally. But if you really wanted to try something else from your kitchen, feel free to try the above steps. )}