Admit it, you would always want to get what you paid for! So when you spend money on self tanners, you'd like to see the kind of tan you really like. Thanks to Thermalabs self tanners, the process is made easy and affordable!
Now, let's talk about how you can make your tan last longer. Of course you would like to enjoy your perfect bronzed skin for a longer time without having to retouch it over and over again.
Here are some reminders:
- When drying yourself after taking a shower, refrain from rubbing your towel. Instead, pat your body dry.
- Do not exfoliate using body scrubs, loofas, body washes, or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to diminish.
- Refrain from using scented body wash. Non-scented body wash is recommended instead.
- Shaving is also considered a form of exfoliating hence it is not recommended. Hair removal cream is also not advised. If you are going to shave, try to do it only once in a while since doing these things can potentially remove your tan.
- Facial cleansers containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide or exfoliating facial cleansers plus Clarisonics are not recommended because they can also ruin your tan. Acne spot treatments are also not advised. If you are going to use facial cleansers, use products that are gentler on the skin.
- You may use cocoa butter lotion to regularly moisturize your skin and keep it healthy and to keep your tan from fading fast. It is advised to moisturize at least once a day; use any hydrating, non-scented/fragrance free or alcohol free product, which is always a good start.
Self tanners last for different number of months, this is dependent on how well you take care of your tan. Note that moisturizing is only advised after your first shower and always make it a point to wear sunscreen when going out under the sun. Mixing non-scented moisturizer with your sunscreen and applying both at the same time is recommended. And one final note, make sure to wait at least one day before going to the beach or pool, after getting tanned, because your tan might end up fading faster, especially if exposed to chlorine.