Trying to get smooth skin after self tanning is a hurdle that some self tanning individuals have come across. Since you are using a topical agent to get your tan. there are some instances where your skin doesn’t come out as smooth as you’d expect. This can boil down to a lot of things but since we’re focusing on the post-process of self tanning, here are some of the tips to keep in mind to get smooth, glowing skin:
- Moisturizing is one of the most important aspects of skin care. In fact, if you don’t moisturize your skin, it ends up with a lot of dry patches in various places. You can make use of commercial moisturizers, however it’s important to check each product. Retinol can be found in certain skin care items which can erase your tan. If you want to stick through more natural means, aloe vera is the perfect choice to help you on keeping your skin hydrated.
- Hydrated also means you have to consistently consume at least 8 glasses of water a day. Not only does being well-hydrated do wonders to your body, it also keeps your skin supple. You won’t have to rely too much on moisturizers if you consistently keep your body’s hydration levels high.
- If you’re someone who happens to have breakouts especially after self tanning, you can make use of ice cubes to soothe your skin. It’s also best to have the self tanner dry out before doing this since the ice cube can cause the self tanner to run.
- You can make sure that your tan is well protected right after a tanning session. Let your self tanner dry out completely on your skin and apply some talc powder. The powder helps adhere the tan to your skin as well as protecting your clothes from the chances of being stained due to the tanner.
- One very important tip to remember is to let the self tanner dry out completely before doing anything else. If you happen to have any runny tanner, you’ll want to sort that out immediately or it will cause clumping and streaking. That’s a bad end result to look at so make use of lemon juice or curdled milk to sort that issue out.
All in all, to maintain smooth skin and a gorgeous tan you need to follow the steps mentioned above. It’s also important to remember what you eat as the food you take into your body greatly affects your skin.